Please join us for Dudes and Donuts October 6 and 7 at 8:15 am in the Deer Run Gym. This fun event is open to all DRE families. Donuts, bagels, yogurt, fruit, milk, juice and coffee are provided. You also have a chance to have your picture taken with your student/s.
If you are interested in volunteering for this event, please sign up at tinyurl.com/volunteerDRE. Many hands make light work.
We hope you can join us for this event!
Any questions, please call Julie Smith at 614-562-9415.
Welcome Warehouse Adopt a Family 2017 ProgramWelcome back to DRE! We are proud to be your committee chairs for the DRE Adopt a Family program run by Welcome Warehouse of Dublin. Our school has a long successful history of generously providing for families in need during the holiday season. Our goal is to continue in this tradition while making a meaningful experience for all of our students, giving them an opportunity to participate regardless of their family’s ability to donate. Adopt a Family is an optional program, for our students and all children are encouraged but not required to participate.
As November and December are busy months for families and schools, we are incorporating some new aspects of the Adopt a Family program in order to make the event more streamlined and less hectic. Please make note of the differences from previous years:
– We will have a program kick-off November 7th during the school wide leadership meeting. Children will meet Jean Griffith from Welcome Warehouse who will describe the Adopt a Family program and share a video
– In past years, individual DRE classes or grades have adopted families. This year, our school will collectively adopt 6 or 7 families. We will send one master signup list to the entire school where individuals may sign up to donate wish list items for children in need.
– All gifts will be wrapped and labeled by number at home, before going to school with children. Labels will correspond to the signup genius provided to families prior to Thanksgiving break.
– Parent volunteer representatives from each grade will monitor and collect items from donation boxes placed in each grade
– Look for a signup genius asking for family volunteers to deliver gifts in mid-December
We are thrilled to work with our Deer Run family and look forward to a great Adopt a Family event this year. We anticipate parent representatives will have a commitment of only a few hours per week in November and December with a kick off meeting in late October. If you would like to be a parent representative, please contact one of us. Sincerely, Claire Houpt (email@example.com), Sara Guster (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Kristen Lam (email@example.com)
10th Annual Deer Run Leeds Farm Night
Join us with your family & friends for a fun-filled evening!
When: Friday, Sept 16 from 6:00-8:30 p.m.
Admission: $10 per person
See Flier for details.
Help Wanted: Several Chairperson Positions Available
Volunteering is a great way to meet other Deer Run families and find out what is going on at your child’s school. There are many opportunities to volunteer throughout the year.
Through programs and activities the PTO enriches your students’ education & social experiences at Deer Run.
Many of these roles can be done after work, or during school – whatever works best for your schedule.
Please reach out with any questions you have firstname.lastname@example.org.
View Chair Person Opportunities: tinyurl.com/VolunteerDRE
As summer draws to a close, the Deer Run Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) would like to welcome your family back to school!
Details about the Walk Through & Meet the Teacher August 16th 2-3:30pm.
- You will receive a PTO Packet in the mail in the next few days. There are several forms in the packet you should fill out and bring to school with you to the walk through on 8/16. You can also click here to download and print the packet.
- If you pre-ordered your school supplies, they will already be in your students’ classroom.
- The Gym will have booths for Room Parent Sign-Ups, Scouts, Kroger/Giant Rewards, SpiritWear, PTO Membership, 5th Grade Planners.
- There will be Popsicles for your students to enjoy!
Attention 4th and 5th grade BOYS! Let Me Run Fall season is starting soon!! Registration will open up on Monday- 8/22 at 8am online at www.letmerun.org. The season will begin on September 27th and end on November 10th. We will practice on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s from 3:45-5:15pm. We will have our season culminating 5k on November 13th. Our team filled up quickly last season, so please make sure to register early. Jeff Vanik will be the new Head coach this season and we would love to have a few more coaches! Having just two more coaches will allow us to have a larger team with more participants. If you are interested in coaching, there will be an upcoming coaches training on 8/20 from 9-12:30pm at the Dublin Rec Center. You can register to attend the coaches training online at www.letmerun.org. Please contact Claire Houpt with any questions at email@example.com Thank you!
Below is the 2016-2017 School Supply list by grade.
1. 5th Grade Planners can be purchased at the walk-thru on August 16th. The school supply online store closed June 13th.
2. Please purchase your students’ headphones – they are not included as part of the online supply kit.